Something different was something amazing!

February 03, 2008

Our "getting back to the basics" evening was amazing. Wow, what a difference to be without t.v., computer, telephone and lights. Although we were in the same city, same community and same home, I felt completely disconnected from the world around us...and it was a welcomed change. Although I spend the majority of my days intentionally trying to connect with others on any level, I find it funny that when I do the exact opposite, it brings me just as much joy. Life is all about balance. There is a time and place for everything.

The very early morning is "my" time for me. I love getting up early and either working out, reading my Bible or both. From the time I leave the house in the morning, I am continuously interacting with others and I love it. But at the end of my work day, it's time for my family. From the time we have dinner together, do homework etc, and until we go to bed, this is "our" time. Sometimes depending on our life circumstances, we may need more of one thing and less of another. Last Thursday evening I felt as though I needed something more than just being with my girls...I needed to really be with them. As soon as we elminated the "stuff" around us, there was more focus on just "us". And time really slowed down. I absolutely loved it. I could have an evening like this a few times a week.

"Don't say you don't have enough time. You have exactly the same number of hours per day that were given to Helen Keller, Pasteur, Michaelangelo, Mother Teresa, Leonardo da Vinci, Thomas Jefferson, and Albert Einstein.”... H. Jackson Brown

Intersting quote...It's not how much or how little time we have...but what we choose to do with it. Time is a fragile gift.

0 comments: